Welcome to the Columbia Basin Chapter of Washington Native Plant Society plant sale online ordering website
This year we will be combining the best of both options and having a hybrid sale. A majority of our inventory will be available for pre-sale on this site beginning at around 7PM on September 12. We will also hold a regular “walk in and browse” plant sale this year. The Plant Sale Committee has selected a wider variety and number of native plants for the sale this year and we think the online ordering will work pretty well. You’ll then get to make an appointment for our drive-through pickup on October 1 and pay for your purchases then (cash and checks only).
We’ve purchased lot of plants this year. If we run out of something you wanted on the pre-sale, you may still be able to get it at the walk in sale on October 2nd or from one of the native plant nurseries in our region. Wildlands Nursery will also be offering some of their plants for sale from 10-2 on Saturday and 9-1 on Sunday. The plants available will change based on prior sale, but the list of plants currently available is here.
Instructions for Ordering and Drive-Thru Pickup
**Please read all these instructions. This sale format is new and there are important steps described below**
- For the safety of yourself and the volunteers helping with the plant sale, please wear your mask when picking up your plants.
- Check the FAQ site for descriptions of the different pot sizes, how and when to plant, whether you need to water your plant and where we bought plants in case we run out and you want to try to get them on your own.
- Look through the species we have available and select the plants or other material you’d like to order. Submit your order when you’re done as you won’t be able to save and come back later to finish. The ordering system keeps track of our inventory and lets you know if a plant is sold out. Purchases are subtracted from the inventory as soon as someone submits their order, so don’t wait too long to submit your order!
- If at all possible, get everything you want in one order.
- Ordering plants will be available through midnight September 25.
- If you need to add to your order, please don’t get another appointment, just leave the site by closing the window. We’ll combine your orders into 1 and have all your order ready for you at your original appointment time on October 1.
- If you need to remove some things from your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you’ve submitted your order you’ll be sent to a page where you can select an appointment for when to pick up and pay for your purchase. You’ll get an email with confirmation of your appointment and directions to the pickup site in Richland.
- Drive through pickup will be on October 1st. If October 1st doesn’t work for you, you can have someone else pick up your order. Just give them your paperwork and payment. If that doesn’t work either please contact us at email@example.com to figure out an alternative arrangement.
- If you don’t pick up your order on October 1st and haven’t made alternate arrangements for pickup, then we reserve the right to cancel your order and add those plants to the inventory offered at the walk-in sale on October 2nd.
- Please don’t come outside your appointment time. Organizing all the orders throughout the day will be challenging for us and we want to make sure we get everyone’s order right.
- Please note that we cannot take credit cards. Payment by check is preferred, cash is also accepted. Make checks out to CBWNPS for the exact amount.
- And finally, if you have a box or container to put the plants in your car, that would be helpful although not necessary.
The pick-up location will be at the Wildlands Nursery in Richland (Google map link here). To facilitate traffic for the pick-up we ask that you approach the pick-up location from the direction shown below: